- Type: Software, MaxMSP external
- Author: IMTR R&D team, IRCAM
- Collaboration: Conception, Interface Design and Experimentations
- Creation: First Released, Forum IRCAM, November 2012
- more info
- On the first use of the VoiceFollower in theater
The VoiceFollower is the first of a series of Max objects, we are currently developing, dedicated to gesture and sound interaction .
TheVoiceFollower indicates in real-time the time progression of live performance in comparison to a pre-recorded soundfile. This can be used for example to synchronize media processes to the live performance. It was successfully tested for theater with spoken or sung voice.
- Automatic triggering of synchronous events:
- Automatic state control: (Sound, lights, video, scenography…)
- Faked speech recognition, faked word-spotting.
- Automatic “sur-titrage” synchronisation.
- Augmented Lectures.
- Continuous and instantaneous following of the voice:
- Perfect stream synchronization to the performance (Sound, lights, video, scenography…)
- Faked Voice Conversion: Speaking with the voice of other.
- Reverse Karaoke: Accompaniment is following you.
- Continuous and instantaneous comparison of the voice:
- Real-time prosodic variations Estimation: (Intonation, intensity, speech rate, articulation degree, vocal quality…)
- Real-time estimation of the performance insights.
- Real-time decision making regards to the performer’s variations
So far, only the first line has been experimented and we are looking forward to test the others…