- Title: Stereo
- Concept: Liz Santoro & Pierre Godard with Cynthia Koppe
- Collaboration: Music Composition – Sound Design – Computer Music Design
- Duration: ~50mn
- For: One Dancer and a medium
- With · Liz Santoro
- Medium · Cynthia Koppe
- Costumes · David Anselme
- Lighting and technical direction · Laïs Le Foulc
- Production · BureauProduire / Claire Guièze
- World Premiere: Rencontres Chorégraphiques, MC93, Bobigny, the 25th and 26th of May 2019
Stereo is a solo conceived as an open, permeable platform. Extemporaneous, Stereo borrows from the synthesis of a chemical compound. Liz Santoro and Pierre Godard proceed by reduction and oxidation, inhibition and catalysis, from fragments extracted in vivo from their existing choreographic material, and dissolved into this new substrate–a creation. Liz Santoro’s body is in constant interaction with the audience, interaction produced and amplified by a text composed remotely and in real time by Cynthia Koppe, who sees both the dancer and the audience through a videoconferencing system. The audience perceives intensely their responsibility in what is transpiring before their eyes; their implication as an active witness.
Coproductions : Rencontres chorégraphiques internationales de Seine-Saint-Denis, Le Gymnase – CDCN Roubaix/Hauts-de-France, CCN Orléans, The Chocolate Factory Theater (Etats-Unis) avec le soutien d’Arcadi Ile-de-France et l’Atelier de Paris / CDCN.Le principe d’incertitude reçoit le soutien de la DRAC Île-de-France dans le cadre de l’aide au projet.