- Title: Air Sampling #004 – Touching Spirits
- Type: Performance, comprovisation, air sampling
- Concept and Design: Greg Beller
- With: Aigerim Seilova – Piano and Greg Beller – Spatial Sampler XR
- Recording: Vincent Klueger – Video and Greg Beller – Sound
- Duration: 10min
- World Premiere: Blurred Edges Festival, Hamburg, 15 June 2023
- Production: The office for problematic composition, The Synekine Project, Stage 2.0, Ligeti Zentrum, Innolab
Air sampling is a series of performances in which a sound source is sampled and distributed in space.
In this performance #004, Aigerim Seilova improvises on a theme from the opera The Fault, for solo piano. Playing with the new instrument Spatial Sampler XR, Greg Beller records and spreads the sound in space. Improvised musical choreography makes sound tangible, and makes it possible to touch musical spirits.
“Multimedia takes the risk“
The office for problematic composition is an association of multimedia composers and video artists. Taking risks and trying them out, as well as putting the experiment central to the ensemble is an obligation for all its members.